Friday, December 10, 2010

Changing of the Name...

You may have noticed, I changed the name of this Blog.  Let me start by saying I had to look up how the heck to do that and it still took me about 10 minutes.  I'm not wonderful at this blogging stuff, and I don't understand about 80% of the Internet-blot-HTML-lingo that goes along with it. So, if this isn't as neat or pretty or fun or interactive as other blogs, I apologize for the boredom.  This is probably the best you're gonna get from me! 

When I started the blog, it was about Keith & I jumping into IVF.  All of our family and a lot of our friends are back in Nevada, so this was a way for them to monitor what was going on.  Now that IVF failed, I find this a nice little outlet to rant, rave or just chatter about nothing.  So, I decided that "Fertility Journey" wasn't an appropriate name for this any more.  While we are still on the journey, it is slow and - most the time - uneventful.  It takes a shitload of money to fight infertility. And we're just about tapped out for the time being. 

As I write this, I have a whopping SIX followers.  That's six random people, half that I've never met, that are interested enough in our lives that they casually pay attention when I write something...anything.  To you faithful six:  Thanks!!  :)  I promise to try and offer only entertaining or insightful posts.  I also promise to break that promise many times over, as I'm sure we all have very different opinions on the definition of entertaining and insightful. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note, today is the 5 year anniversary of the first time Keith & I were introduced.  Such random things to remember.  My friend Amber was having a poker party.  I was recently single & ready to finally have some fun after 10 long years of ...not fun.  I still remember borrowing a pink Packers hat from a co-worker.  You have to wear a hat when playing poker, so your opponents don't see your eyes and junk like that.  I went to Amber's house early to help her set up.  The first to arrive was a long-time friend of mine, and of Amber's boyfriend, Trinity (Triny).  With Triny, is Keith.  Triny being how he is, gives me a big hug, then elbows Keith and says "This is the big-titted chick I said I'd hook you up with".  Yep, that's how we met.  We didn't talk much that night because the tables were separated Men & Women.  We occasionally talked when my BFF Monica and I went outside, and Keith followed, for...a sub sandwich (shout-out to How I Met Your Mother).  He went home later, sufficiently drunk, and nobody knew it until the girl that gave him a ride came back to greet her boyfriend. 

The next morning, I was hung over and watching movies with Monica.  I decided to call Keith.  I first had to call Triny to get Keith's number.  Then, he didn't answer, so I left him a message.  He called me back about 2 hours later (he was watching the Brown's play when I called, and you don't interrupt a Browns game), came over to Monica's to watch a movie, then drove me home to watch another movie.  I'll never watch Charlie & The Chocolate Factory (of Johnny Depp fame) or EuroTrip again without smiling fondly.  That night, he kissed me at my doorstep when he left and asked to take me to breakfast the next morning.  He arrived promptly (!!) at 9:00, took me to Mom & Pop's for breakfast and the rest is history. 

I'm a sucker for anniversaries of all kind, so tonight we're doing Crab Legs & T-Bones at home.  I may be a sucker, but I'm also a home-body. 

3 comments:

  1. I am happy to be one of your followers :-)
    I'm so sorry about the failed cycle :(
    I hope you have a lovely anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, look at that side of Keith that few see!! :) Although, those of us who know him well, know it's there! :)
    Happy 5 years of meeting! And I'm glad you did! I couldn't imagine a better match for him than you Gina!! Much Love to you BOTH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow more than casually ;) And happy meeting anniversary! Your story made me smile, and that's hard to do at 7:45 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete