Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Day For Firsts


Let me start by saying the word "firsts" looks so odd to me, I re-wrote it three times. Anyhooooo...

I'm going to keep this short, mostly because I'm typing it on my iPad while eating ready for work & getting the shot ready. I'm also exhausted. Mom & Fred came up for the weekend. We didn't do too much (motor home shopping for the retired-folk, Warhawk museum, food!), but I'm still tired! 
I actually typed this up on April 1st, but decided I wanted to put pictures up, so I am not posting until the 2nd so I could get pictures in the morning of the chemistry lesson. 

Today was my first day at my new job. It was a usual first day: meeting everyone, but not remembering a single name. Waiting a few hours for a computer. Pillaging for supplies.  I will be getting most of my old claims back, which is wonderful, because at least I will know what was going on. 

I had my first resting ultrasound today. Now that I've been on the Lupron for 2 weeks, everything is sleeping. All looked good. My ovaries were asleep, which is what they want. Each ovary had about 20 resting follicles. The goal is to try & make about 2/3 of the follicles make an egg each, so that's a great number! 

I started the Follicle Stimulating Hormones (FSH) shots today. We are doing one different medication this time around, and I was a bit overwhelmed! 

First I draw up the saline, about 1cc.  Then I put that into the powder Menopur and mix them. 

Then I draw up the Gonal-F (3ml). 

Then I mix that into the Menopur. 
Mix all ingredients together and inject. 

I still do the Lupron shot as well.  So, I'm only doing 2 shots each day because two of them are mixed together. I'm already bruised from yesterday's FSH shot. Oh joy! But, they don't hurt. Still a tiny needle, as you can see. 

Sorry it's a boring post, I'm all out of funny for the day. Next visit is Saturday to see how the follies are responding to the stimulation (C'mon, it sounds a little dirty, right?!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment