Saturday, April 12, 2014

Retrieval & Fertilization

Yesterday was the egg retrieval. It went pretty smoothly. I was sleeping quickly, woke up easily and didn't get sick from the anesthesia. The final count: 30 eggs retrieved. THIRTY!!!! Three-Oh!  That's pretty damn good!  That's two more than we got in 2010. 

Today we got the call that 26 of those eggs were wooed into being fertilized by Keith's sweet-talking swimmers. 87% of his fellas got the job done. That's better stats than a college frat party! 

We will get the call on Monday for a growth status. The hope is that half of those will continue to  multiply and turn into blasts. We never made it to blast stage last time. But, we changed up meds and our eggies are sleeping in new state-of-the-art incubators for the weekend. So hope remains high. If, for some reason we don't get blasts, doc will be doing assistive hatching. We won't find out about that until day 5. Last time, they froze a few eggs at day 3.  This time, she's letting them all go to day 5. 
Hopefully with these change and we will get some babies in my bell-ah!

Overall, I'm feeling very crampy and gassy and it hurts to go for sitting to standing to walking. I feel like my ovaries are going to fall out of my vajayjay. I'm taking Norco for the pain, an anti-nausea med, antibiotic and steroid. I'm drinking lots of water and juice with sodium and eating tons of sodium to keep the OHSS at bay. 

Keith is taking great care of me. He took me to see Draft Day toddy (okay, I took him. It IS a movie about the Cleveland Browns.). We had a small dinner and I had half a martini. 

So, that's it for now. More to come on Monday. Thanks for all the hopeful thoughts. Now we Pray for blasts and stickiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment