Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Funny

Last night I was talking to one of my dearest friends from high school.  She loves children, has been following this blog like a stalker and always knows how to cheer me up.  She's also 98% against having children of her own (though I think her nephew is making that number go down just a smidgen).  She's been this way as long as I've known her and it's one of the things I love the most about her. 

When we were talking, she came back to the fact that I'm most upset that our chances of success went down to 45%.  I almost wish our doctor didn't use numbers just for this reason.  Her words were "45% is a pretty significant chance.  Let me tell you, if someone told me I had a 45% chance of conceiving, I would be scared to death! I'd give up sex all together!" 

And I've been floating on that humor cloud all day today.  Really puts it in perspective!

2 comments:

  1. I don't like that your RE uses stats either- mine doesn't do that or grade embies either. I think it stresses people out for no reason. You still have the best shot you've ever had! But I like how your friend handled it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, conceiving children without knowing exactly when to try is like a 3 days a month shot...so 3 days out of 30-31 days...what percentage is that? You guys have an actually high percent! I'm still praying for you guys!! :) Much Love!

    ReplyDelete